Virtual Therapy Options
It’s hard to believe we are living in a world so different than one we’ve ever experienced.
Doesn’t it kinda feel like you are living in a movie? Do you have moments in the day, or even when you wake up in the morning, when you forget and think your life is what it used to be and then remember. And then feel stress, sad and overwhelmed. For most of us this is probably one of the most stressful times in our lives. We no longer have access to our coping strategies, such as going to the gym, meeting up with friends and treating ourselves to a massage. Or even basic things like going to work. In some ways it’s an interesting phenomena where the entire planet is going through the same experience of stress and uncertainty.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. GET THERAPY FROM HOME.
From the comfort of your own home, let us help ease some stress. Learn ways of coping to get through this time of Covid-19.
Offering virtual therapy with a qualified psychotherapist on secure video or phone for individuals, couples and children (over 11 years old).
Covered under most insurance benefit plans. Offering flexible hours for parents with kids at home. Early morning and late evening appointments available.
WALK AND TALK THERAPY SESSIONS
Grab your phone, let’s talk and walk. Get fresh air and support. Let’s get creative. Our clients are loving this option of getting some exercise while they speak to their therapist on the phone.
Not sure about phone or video therapy? Sign up for a FREE 20 minute meet-and-greet to see if it’s right for you.
Free 20 min consultation
As an organization that is providing pivotal mental health support to the community in these unprecedented times, we at Toronto Neurofeedback and Psychotherapy Centre would like to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
We are closely following the guidance of the Public Health of Ontario as well as the directives of Toronto Public health (https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/9538-Fact-Sheet-for-Workplaces-Non-Healthcare_final.pdf) and updating our protocols to reflect the best possible practices recommended by them.
Please review the precautions we have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and staff.
Masks are mandatory in public places in the clinic. However, therapists are able to take them off when with a client with a closed door while maintaining social distancing.
– Administrative team will make sure everyone who does not come with a mask is provided one.
Social Distancing Procedures
– All staff and clients are required to keep 6 feet distance at all times.
– All waiting room chairs are now 6 feet apart with markers on the floor.
– Therapy room chairs have been moved 6 feet apart with markers on the floor.
All new clients to be offered virtual and in person sessions at the time of booking.
– All In-Person clients are required to complete a COVID-19 Risk Assessment Survey prior to their attendance. Both email and text reminders are sent to clients so we can seamlessly convert the appointments to virtual sessions if need be.
Sanitizing and Cleaning Procedures
– Front desk administration will sanitize waiting room after a client leaves (door knobs, chairs/couch, front desk, waiting room table)
– Therapists are required to sanitize their space after each session (both therapy and neurofeedback- time allotted in their schedule to accommodate proper sanitization )
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– All neurofeedback therapists and technicians are required to wear a mask while providing neurofeedback to clients (gloves are optional)
– All neurofeedback clients are required to wear a mask for their entire session.
– Front desk administration will provide neurofeedback clients with a mask upon arrival.
– Masks and gloves are available in the waiting room and can be worn by therapy clients at their discretion.
– Masks are available and should be worn by all staff while in the public space.
– Handsanitizer is available for all Staff and clients to be used regularly.
– The staff is encouraged to wash their hands on a regular basis ( Soap and Paper towels available at the kitchen sink and the bathroom)
– Gloves are available to all staff to be worn at their discretion
– Therapists and technicians are required to wash down the neurofeedback room chairs, doorknob, table, keyboard, and equipment after every neurofeedback session.
– All therapists are required to wash their hands after an in-person sessions with a client.
– There will be only two admin staff at the front desk at any given time who are wearing PPE and are sitting 6 feet apart.
– We will continue to be paperless and have all payments processed online. We will not be accepting cash at this time.
– The Staff are mandated to be vigilant in evaluating if they have any COVID related symptoms, using the guide from the Public health of Ontario for Self Monitoring.
– If any of the staff have flu-like symptoms or have come in contact with a known or a suspected case of COVID-19 , they are not to come into the office or sequester in an office, away from the rest of the staff and clients as soon as possible. They are to leave the clinic as soon as it is possible to do so safely and self-isolate. The staff members are to be tested for COVID at their nearest centre as soon as possible.
– If the COVID-19 test is Negative, they are welcome to resume your normal schedule 24 hours after being symptom free.
– If the COVID-19 test is Positive, they are to quarantine for at least 2 weeks since the symptom onset.
– The Admin Team will contact the clients who might have come in contact with the staff member to inform them of a potential exposure.
– All the staff at the clinic would be asked to be tested to ensure safety.